The Humanscale Freedom Chair has a weight-sensitive, self-locking recline mechanism with 20 degrees of movement.
It's backrest automatically pivots with seven-degree back tilt and it's synchronous arms attach to the back frame with 5.85” vertical adjustment, adjusting seat level for up-close work at a desk.
The Humanscale Freedom Chair is a true design icon, the Freedom chair proves that ergonomics can be beautiful. Created by Niels Diffrient, Freedom automatically adjusts to every user. Designed to eliminate the need for manual controls, it features a sophisticated weight-sensitive, self-locking recline mechanism. And its unique form has a timeless aesthetic that complements any workspace.
The revolutionary counter-balance mechanism provides perfect recline resistance for all users–automatically
Synchronous armrests move up and down together and stay with you during recline for supported balance
Independently adjustable seat and backrest fit virtually any body size.
Headrest option available on indent only.
- Weight: 19.5kg (42.9 lbs.)
- Width: 690mm (27.25)
- Base Width: 635mm (25)
- Warranty: Textiles & Cushions – 5 years of single shift use;
- All other components – 15 years
- Standard Duron Arms
- Material Oxygen Inhale or Bizon Leather Black
- No Stitching (Non-leathers only)
- Foam Seat Pan: Standard 125mm (5”)
- Standard Casters
- None-Standard Plastics & Foams
- Standard Matching Base
- Individually Boxed
- Recycled content: 29% post-consumer, 18% pre-consumer
- Weight: as little as 19.5kg (42.9 lbs), minimizing resources used in shipping
- Modular cushions for easy replacement
Payment & Security
Your payment information is processed securely. We do not store credit card details nor have access to your credit card information.